- Nominations may be submitted beginning at 8 a.m. CT on October 11, 2021.
- Nominations will close at 5 p.m. CT on November 12, 2021. Nominations received after that time will not be considered.
- Nominations must be submitted using the Caregiver of the Year Award Nomination Form according to the guidelines on the form.
- Franchisees may submit up to five nominations from each Right at Home territory owned. (This means that if you own 2 territories, you can submit up to 10 nominations.)
- All nominees will receive a certificate of recognition from the Corporate Office.
- All certificates will be mailed to the nominating offices by Friday, December 3, 2021.
To be nominated, caregivers must:
- Provide direct care to clients as a primary function of their job.
- 600 hours of caregiving experience with Right at Home.
- Consistently follow company policies and have consistent attendance.
Additionally, nominated caregivers should exhibit the following considerations:
- Actively demonstrates pride in being a Right at Home caregiver.
- Is passionate about providing extraordinary care to clients.
- Exemplifies the qualities of a professional caregiver.
- Demonstrates teamwork and willingness to help other caregivers and staff.
- Selflessly serves others in the course of their duties.
- Holds others to a higher standard of care.
- Is or has been recognized or praised by clients and families for his/her efforts.
- Has been recognized by your local Caregiver recognition program, e.g., Caregiver of the Week/Month.
October 11, 2021
Nominations open at 8 a.m. CT
November 12, 2021
Nominations close at 5 p.m. CT
Nominations reviewed by Strategic Leadership Council and top 24 finalists are identified
Employee Experience team notifies finalist offices and requests testimonials
Finalist offices reach out to obtain testimonials and submit to corporate office
Region and National Winners Selected by external selection panel
Region and National Winner office notified of winning caregiver
Region and National Winner video production
Home Improvement 2022 – National and Region Caregivers of the Year Announced
Questions regarding the Caregiver of the Year program should be directed to the Employee Experience team at email@example.com.
The Right at Home Caregiver of the Year award honors the caregivers who provide extraordinary service to clients every day. The recipients of this award exemplify the Right at Home mission: To improve the quality of life for those we serve.
Completed nomination forms must be received no later than 5 p.m. CT on November 12, 2021. Nominations received after the deadline will not be accepted.
All nominees must demonstrate one or more of the following characteristics:
- Clear demonstration of empathy and compassion toward clients receiving care.
- Ability to relate to and interact with care recipients and other care providers in ways that encourage the growth and development of all.
- Skilled in performing their caregiving duties.
- Participation in continuing education programs.
- Willingness to take on extra shifts when asked.
To be considered for this award, the caregiver must:
- Have at least 600 hours of caregiving experience with Right at Home.
- Actively seek to create extraordinary experiences for clients and their families.
- Thoroughly follow and document their client’s care plan.
- Position Right at Home as a local employer and provider of choice.
- Serves as a brand ambassador for Right at Home in the community.
- Be a team player: Serve as a mentor to their peers and put the goals of the team before themselves.
There are two distinct groups involved in selecting winners of the Caregiver of the Year program.
- Right at Home Committee – representatives from the Right at Home Strategic Leadership Council (SLC).
- Community Committee – professionals from senior care, healthcare and caregiving support organizations that understand the nature of the caregiver role.
Eight SLC members of the Right at Home Committee are paired up for the nominee review process, and each pairing is given two Region’s nominations to review. The nominations each SLC pair receives are not inclusive of their own represented respective Regions. Together the pair selects the top three nominees for the Regions they are assigned. All nominations are removed of any identifying information so the nominating offices remain anonymous.
The selection process is conducted in several stages as follows:
Stage 1 – Right at Home Corporate Office Initial Review
- The Corporate Office reviews all nominations to ensure nominees meet the selection criteria.
Stage 2 – Right at Home Committee Nominee Review and Top 5 Selection
- The Right at Home Committee filters the valid nominations based on the thoroughness of the nomination and caregiver accomplishments, and presents the Community Committee with five anonymous nominations per Region.
Stage 3 – Community Committee Review and Selection
- The Community Committee reviews the anonymous nominations and selects one winner from each Region and one national winner, based on nomination criteria and using testimonials from clients and loved ones.
Nominations will be judged in the following categories:
- Character: What makes this caregiver extraordinary? How does this individual strive to develop themselves and grow on a personal and professional level?
- Client impact: How has this caregiver provided an extraordinary client experience and improved the quality life for those he/she serves?
- Brand ambassador: What does this caregiver do to represent Right at Home as an employer and provider of choice in their community?
- Team player: Does this caregiver serve as a mentor to their peers and puts the goals of the team before themselves?
If selected as a finalist for Caregiver of the Year, the Franchisee/caregiver must:
- Provide written testimonials from the client or client’s advocate in order for the caregiver to be considered.
- Agree to be represented in photographs and videos, and to be included in any and all public relations activities and media campaigns.
If selected as the National Caregiver of the Year, the caregiver is invited to receive the award in person at Home Improvement.